I was told that bucket lists are key to successful blogging – so here is mine.
10 or so books every conference interpreter should read:
- The Bible (in all your working languages)
- Maschinenelemente für Dummies (machine parts for dummies)
- Chemie Kompaktwissen iIntroduction to chemistry)
- The Times Complete History of the World
- International Financial Reporting Standards (in English and your working languages)
- Who is who in Greek mythology
- Gastronomisches Wörterbuch in 5 Sprachen (or anything that prepares you for translating sophisticated menus)
- Die Kunst des Klüngelns by Anni Hausladen
I suppose there are about a million more, so any further suggestions are very welcome 🙂
About the author
Anja Rütten is a freelance conference interpreter for German (A), Spanish (B), English (C), and French (C) based in Düsseldorf, Germany. She has specialised in knowledge management since the mid-1990s.